Urban Greens Food Co-op is a consumer-owned and governed cooperative working to open a retail grocery store. The Co-op will be open to all and will support the health and well-being of our customers by offering nutritious, affordable food that is sustainably sourced, culturally inclusive, and supportive of local food.
You don’t need to be a member to shop at Urban Greens, but there are many reasons why you should join us!
- Ownership over your food source – the members of the co-op are the owners of the market
- Work together to build a more equitable Providence
- Vote on major initiatives and board elections
- Access to healthy organic food at reasonable prices
- Special member-only sales
- Option to buy food by the case (really cheap!)
- Option to volunteer in the store to get even more discounts
- Support local and sustainable food production – keep your food dollars in your own community
- Fulfill the community’s need for a complete grocery store