Every person, regardless of economic or social status, deserves access to healthy, affordable food that is also culturally relevant and produced in an environmentally and socially responsible manner.
- Providing the information and education needed for consumers to know how food has been produced, where it comes from, and what options exist.
- Making sure there are affordable options for everyone in the store.
- Offering many items in bulk, enabling value to be passed on to consumers.
- Working with local farmers and producers to help communicate gaps between needs and wants of consumers, and what is currently produced or offered.
- Providing goods that meet the food needs of west-side residents of diverse and highly varied backgrounds
Equal access is a priority not just for customers, but also for ownership: We offer low-income ownership share options, with the same owners rights and privileges.